We almost the end of a week that has been infused with many ads. If yesterday was Apple unveiled its iPhone 5 (plus the new generation iPod Nano and Touch ) today it was the turn to Nintendo once emptied box for all remaining unknowns regarding your home computer, Wii U.
This time the Japanese company has opted for a strategy unusual (at least with this brand) segment. Until now I used to present a unique product and as life cycle turned, changed design, color and even presentation, including it in the odd package.
This time is going the way of Microsoft with your XBOX 360 and the Wii U fractionation not only by price but by capacity, region and colors. He also throws in a meat grill that always leaves the guests as their final technical specifications. Nintendo definitely they are playing with this generation to not make the mistakes of the past.
U Wii Gamepads
Wii U already knew that was going to be more powerful than its predecessor Wii, we did not know was how much. The first thing that stands in the light of new information generated by today’s Nintendo Direct, is that you have 2GB of RAM (1 GB for the system and one for games) plus they use a proper disk format Nintendo 25 GB capacity capable of receiving information to 22.5 MB per second.
The rest is summarized in several vignettes:
• processor multi-core of IBM powered by a GPU based on AMD Radeon
HD • Ports RGB, AV, S-Video and HDMI ensures the expected resolutions of 1080p and 1080i
• Input USB 2.0 (4 ports total), plus SD memory support.
• WiFi (IEEE802.11b/g/n) longing for LAN port
• Support to 2 Gamepads Wii U and backward compatibility with both games as with all Wii accessories
• Dimensions: 46 × 172 × 268.5 mm
• will come in two versions Storage: 8GB and 32GB
Price and Release
While the price does not differ in the three continents where it focuses Nintendo (Europe, America and Asia, specifically Japan) or presentation (with Basic White Deluxe 8GB and 32GB black colored) strategy varies depending on location.
For example, in Japan will sell almost everything separately (including additional Gamepad and games) while that in America and Europe and include games like NintendoLand ZombieU the more expensive version. The question becomes:
Japan: the release date will be December 8, 2012
• Basic version (8GB, Black) include a Gamepad and will go 26,250 yen (262 euros, 338 U.S. dollars at the exchange)
• Deluxe Version: (32GB, black) come with the console, a gamepad, two power adapters, HDMI cable and an offer to download titles on Nintendo Network Plus. All this will be 31,500 yen (314 euros, $ 405 to change)
Unlike Europe and America, will not play included. Also sold separately Gamepad Wii U (which will not be distributed to stores “retail” in the other two continents to not confuse buyers).
Europe release date will be November 30, 2012
• Basic version: as in Japan, will come with 8GB of memory, be white and include HDMI cable and two adapters (both the device as the control) and a Wii U Gamepad. This will cost 299 euros 95
• Deluxe Version: 32 GB of memory and black leather. It complements what brings the most basic version HDMI cable, the game “NintendoLand”, 500 points to Nintendo’s online store and a service account that includes a discount prize to download games through 2014. 349 euros.
• ZombieU more deluxe version and a Pro Controller : same as above but with 40 euros more expensive (as you calculated how much that is in your local currency) to include the Ubisoft game, plus ZombiU Controller Pro , a substantial improvement of the control that is marketed for Wii.
It added that in addition to Europe this move will be in Australia and New Zealand at least with release date and presentation (first two versions).
America: November 18, 2012
We reached the western continent, place bet Nintendo has not as strong as to Europe but which has already made a proposal feel strong enough to face the holidays (so much that Microsoft today downgraded its combo $ 250 XBOX 360 4GB with Kinect)
Wii U Basic is exactly like that of Europe but at a price of $ 299.99
Wii U Deluxe is also equal but cost $ 349.99.
The price of the game will be $ 60 while the Wii U Controller Pro will be around 50.
also includes an application only for the north of America called “Wii U ILVT” to let you view video content at no cost (included in this software to Youtube).
According to Joystiq these titles are available to and after the launch of the new Nintendo console
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
Neo Nano Assault
New Super Mario Bros. U
Trine 2: Director’s Cut
Toki Tori 2
Aliens Colonial Marines
Assassin’s Creed III
Batman: Arkham City Armoured Edition
Disney Epic Mickey 2: Te Power of Two
Game & Wario
Just Dance 4
Lego City: Undercover
Madden NFL 13
Avengers Marvel Battle for Earth
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge
Rise of the Guardians
Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
Track | MynintendoNews | Kotaku